Loading...

Thursday, February 7, 2013

life & times

2013 is already speeding by in a blur – or at least a fog, given the ridiculous inversion we’ve been subject to. The piglets are growing up way too fast. Winnie insists that she can read now. (For the record, if she can, I’m unaware of it.) She is as bossy as ever, and full of sage advice – she recently explained to me that “some cookies have healthy ingredients”. Sure they do. Thor actually CAN read a little bit and got his very own library card this month. He is a Lego junkie and sometimes expresses thanks for Legos in his prayers.

 

The Rockster needs to master speaking a language before he can move on to reading it. He says a few words here and there, and occasionally busts out with what seems to be an entire sentence (I swear he asked me what I was eating the other day). He refuses to say much of anything on demand, so we have no idea what his actual capabilities are. He has, however, learned to feed himself, even if he does have to be hosed down afterward. He is also a runner and a climber, and reaches speeds that seem entirely improbable for someone with such short legs.

 

Jared and I are fine. I’ve been exercising regularly for the first time since having the kids, but now I am thinking I might have to have bunion surgery soon which would sideline me for a while. It’s one more evidence of my rapidly advancing years.  Jared is settling into his job and doing very well. We are daydreaming about improvements to our house and/or moving into something a little roomier. We’re looking forward to what the rest of the year brings.

No comments: