Loading...

Monday, August 1, 2011

Waiting game

Two weeks and counting until my due date. I start maternity leave today -- yay! It's time to get some stuff done around the house and I still feel like I have enough energy to get quite a bit accomplished before the baby comes.

Last week Jared brought the kids along to my doctor's appointment. This resulted in a few funny moments, some of which I won't share here. However, I did tell the kids as we were leaving that the doctor said the baby probably wasn't ready to come quite yet and we would have to wait a little while.

As we got to the door of the office, Thor started to cry a little bit and said he didn't want to leave. "I want to wait. I want to wait here!" Jared asked him what he wanted to wait for. "I want to wait for our baby." We had to explain that it might be quite a long wait. I'm excited to see how the kids react when they see that there is an actual baby at the end of all this; I feel like we are testing the limits of our credibility with them right now as they eagerly await a baby who never seems to put in an appearance.

No comments: