Loading...

Monday, July 18, 2011

los problemas siempre vienen acompanados

In the past several days, we:
 
*realized as of Thursday evening that we needed to provide lunch for 120+ people at a family reunion on Saturday
*discovered en route to said family reunion (out of cell phone range and 2 hours before lunch time) that the battery in the BMW was dying
*became stranded on the roadside on the way home from said reunion with a dead alternator (still out of cell phone range)
*had the good fortune of being picked up by a super-nice fellow motorist who happened to have a trailer equipped to haul our car and enough seating for 2 extra adults and 2 car seats
*discovered that our swamp cooler pump was broken
*discovered that our state of former residence had filed a large tax lien against me (in error – looks like I’ll be able to resolve it)
*found that Jared’s truck was refusing to start after he stopped by the mechanic to check on the BMW
 
We are having rain gutter installed and carpets and furniture cleaned today. Let’s hope those things go OK, at least.
 
When we dig out from this latest raft of issues, I’ll give the update on our pigs (sadly, one met with an untimely demise) and on the kids and dogs and other more pleasant topics.
 

1 comment:

Julia said...

Well at least you got to attend the reunion. Miss you guys, glad I got a minute to catch up on the blog. I think I get my phone back tomorrow. :)