Loading...

Thursday, August 4, 2011

time flies

My first week of maternity leave is whizzing by. I've done a number of things around the house and am now feeling more or less like we are prepared for the baby's arrival.

I had another OB appointment yesterday. The doctor is mildly concerned because I am measuring small (about 3 weeks behind) and he estimates the baby is 6-ish pounds. Since Thor was just shy of 9 pounds and Winnie was a solid 8 1/2 at 39 weeks, he wants me to go in for a non-stress test tomorrow and have my amniotic fluid levels checked. Of course, my doctors never suspected the other two babies were particularly big. In fact, my doctor explicitly said Winnie was NOT going to be an 8-pounder. Go figure.

The baby is still pretty active, so I'm not terribly concerned. Jared is a little worried that they'll detect signs of fetal distress and want to induce me right away. That would be a bit of a problem since he has his last two finals tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure this baby isn't coming for another week or so . Luckily I am sleeping pretty well and not really in any discomfort to speak of. So no rush, right?

Update:

Went in for the testing today and everything is looking great. Plenty of fluid and baby is showing no indications of distress. So now it is back to wait and see. These kids will get their little brother eventually.

No comments: