Loading...

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Getting old?

I am having a serious problem with fatigue this pregnancy. I mean it is really, really bad. I'm at the point where I assume it will just be like this the whole time. Seeing that I am well into the second trimester, I am no longer banking on any second-trimester surge of energy.

I am tired pretty much every minute of every day and small tasks seem monumental. It is to the point where I am wondering if there is a complicating factor -- anemia? gestational diabetes? thyroid? advanced maternal age? depression? I'm definitely going to be asking my doctor some questions about this at my next appointment.

A part of me thinks it is just a combination of being older, having a stressful full-time job, and having two small children to care for, but I still can't shake this feeling that I might be struggling a lot more this time for some other reason. In any case, if I can make it four more months, I'm fairly certain that whatever it is will resolve itself. I've never had difficult postpartum recoveries, either physically or emotionally, and hopefully this time will be no different.

Anyone else experience this with subsequent pregnancies?

1 comment:

Cara said...

I was very tired with Chandler! I could sleep all day, getting Aspen a bowl of cereal in the morning was a huge task. If it wasnt for the fact that I had to feed her, I probably wouldnt have gotten out of bed to eat anything.