Things are better now. Since my last post, I have felt essentially human virtually all of the time. I've had a few icky moments, but really nothing worth complaining about, and by and large I've been able to resume my household duties to the extent my crazy work schedule of late has permitted.
It's definitely looking like it will be a good spring and summer, after all (at least until I start complaining about insomnia and heartburn, right?). So... enough about that. Let's pretend that three months of morning sickness never happened, shall we?
We are looking into getting our yard fully fenced. We have a chain link/wooden fence combo around the back yard of varying durability and aesthetic appeal. The prior owner(s) of the house never actually put in a full fence, but appear to have mainly relied on the bordering property owners to handle the fence issue. I would really like to put in a full vinyl fence, but in our neighborhood we would never come close to recouping the investment in terms of an increase in property value. We would be the only people within blocks with a vinyl fence, so it seems like a silly move.
After much discussion and a lot of procrastination, I think we're going to go the route of replacing the most egregious sections of old fencing with new chain link. We'll also be adding a new chain link fence around the garden so the dog can't poop in it and the kids can't trample our seedlings, and putting gates on the side yard so the kids and dog can be safely confined to the back yard. That will go a long way toward making our summers more enjoyable, at a fraction of the cost that vinyl fencing would entail.
Once we have a final bid, I'll do some before/after pictures. (I know, you're not holding your breath, but I might. I seriously might.)
Monday, March 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad you are feeling better... what a relief when that is behind you (for the most part). I am one of those people who will be excited to see your yard renovations! Keep us posted.
Post a Comment