Loading...

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Giving up brick and mortar

I think I’ve mentioned before that I am kind of busy (I know – aren’t we all?). The little free time that I have is spent with two toddlers who don’t enjoy being dragged through stores. In the past year or so, I can remember making two trips to Target, and one of those was to buy a specific gift. I go to the grocery store two or three times a month, to Walmart maybe once every four to six weeks, and that’s about it. I don’t really get out much.
 
As anyone who knows me even slightly will know and as UPS, FedEx, and USPS can confirm, I do practically all of my shopping online. Clothes and shoes for all of us, household items, books, gifts, you name it – I buy it online. Last year I used Walmart’s site-to-store shipping for the first time and fell in love. It is AMAZING for larger items that I want to buy online but don’t want to pay to ship.
The online selection is also bigger than the in-store selection for many departments, so that’s a plus.
 
We ordered Winnie’s crib, our down comforter, and a few other bulky objects using site-to-store. I ordered a memory foam topper for our bed today. I know Jared will roll his eyes about this – he does it every time – but it’s great. You show up with your confirmation slip, go back to the site-to-store desk, they give you your stuff, and you trundle it out to the car. No shipping charges. MInimal hassle. Four blocks from home. Couldn’t be easier.
 
 

No comments: