Loading...

Monday, January 17, 2011

sleepless

I thought the sleepless nights would end when Winnie was out of the newborn phase, but I was so wrong. Case in point, Friday night:
 
  • Just before I get home from work, Winnie mysteriously begins running a fever. She is tired and irritable, but has no other symptoms
  • Presumably as a result of said fever, Winnie wakes up 4 times Friday night, demanding to be nursed each time. By 4 am her fever has broken and I put her in her own crib.
  • At 5 am on Saturday, Thor crawls into bed with me and demands that I read him a story (I tell him to go back to sleep)
  • At 6 am on Saturday, Thor wakes me up again and asks for breakfast (I tell him to go back to sleep)
  • At 8:30 am on Saturday I wake up with Thor snuggled next to me and Winnie calling “Mama, mama!” from the other room.
 
Granted, this was not a typical night; I think the kids somehow sensed that I was vulnerable since Jared was out of town. Still, I’ve had to accept that until these kids are much older, we will occasionally hit patches like this. Thank goodness for Sunday naps.
 
 
 

No comments: