Loading...

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sizzling

True story -- although I grew up less than a mile from a Sizzler, I had NEVER eaten at one until August of 2009. At my request, Jared took me there on a Friday for what was to be our last date before Winnie arrived. She showed up that Sunday. I actually enjoyed that first experience -- the proximity, the affordability, and the fact that it was a laid-back atmosphere. So the other night we took the kids with us and had our first family outing to Sizzler. I know, we’re very classy.

 

It was a lot of fun. Winnie, true to form, refused to eat anything but bread and a fry or two (she wouldn’t even TASTE anything else). Mainly, she filled up on milk. Thor ate more than his fair share of my shrimp, had some hearty portions from the salad bar (free for kids 3 and under!), munched on Jared’s fries, sipped from my strawberry lemonade without permission and generally had the time of his life. He was actually really well-behaved. We had a really good time, and I’m thinking we may need to make it a monthly family tradition.

2 comments:

The Black's said...

That is so funny. Because John had never eaten at a Sizzler either until we lived in California. We went once and the experience was horrible we never returned. I grew up loving Sizzler. It was one of my favs growing up but that experience really soured me on it. Maybe I should try it again.

Annette said...

I LOVE Sizzler!!!! The salad bar, the cheesy toast, the ice cream bar...what's not to love! Thanks, Sarah, now you got me craving it ;)