Loading...

Friday, January 21, 2011

rituals

Bedtime stories used to be strictly a Thor event, with Winnie going crazy doing her own thing while I read to him. Now Winnie likes to crawl up on the bed next to us, and the three of us read stories for a while. Toward the end she usually gets bored and wanders off to wreak havoc elsewhere, but I enjoy those few minutes of simultaneous snuggles from the two of them at the end of the day.

 

They are also very particular about the after-bath routine. BOTH kids MUST be held after getting out of the tub. It is quite a sight – me trying to wrangle both kids into towels and haul 65 pounds of squirmy kids simultaneously down the hall to the bedroom. Thor will not walk to his room after a bath. He insists that I carry “bolf kids”. Thor and Winnie both like to lie on my bed in their towels while I alternately dress each one, then they jump on our bed for a while before I take them to their own beds.

 

I love these little routines and rituals.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Sometimes your life sounds so much like mine. :-)