More about story time…
I imagine all kids go through stages where they want to be read a specific story ad infinitum. Thor is currently quite taken with The Cat in the Hat. Aside from the cadence and rhyme which he enjoys, he seems to grasp the plot. He was particularly riveted last night, never taking his eyes from the pages and hardly moving as we read the book. When we got to the last couple of pages where the children’s mother returns home, he spoke up for the first time, announcing that, “They’re going to be in BIG trouble.” As someone who is frequently threatened with BIG trouble, he should know.
When I finished reading The Cat in the Hat, Thor requested “Cookies”. It’s one of the short stories in the Frog & Toad series, and I can’t remember whether “Cookies” is actually the title. We read a lot of Frog & Toad, but I guess something about the cookie-centered plot really resonates with him. He frequently wants me to read that story two or three times in a sitting. Usually he begs for more stories and only reluctantly accepts that I can’t read to him forever, but last night he seemed quite content and when “Cookies” was over, he said, “I love you, Mom,” kissed me on the cheek, and rolled over to go to sleep. How can you not love a sweet little Piggy like that?
2 comments:
That little guy is quite the charmer.
Cookies is a favorite story around these parts, too. It really touches a soft spot with Jesse especially, somewhere around the middle :).
Post a Comment