As I tuck him into bed one night:
Thor: Where are you going?
Me: On a date with Daddy.
Thor: With Daddy?
Me: Yes.
Thor: A date with Daddy? My daddy?
Me: You'd better hope it's your daddy.
A cell phone conversation:
Thor: Where are you?
Me: I'm in the car. I'm on my way home.
Thor: You're coming home?
Me: Yes.
Thor: You're coming to my house?
Me: Yes, to your house.
Thor: (sounding surprised) Oh.
On a morning before work:
Me: OK, let's get up.
Thor: Is the sun awake?
Me: Yes.
Thor: It is? (looking out the window and looking doubtful)
Me: (cursing winter mornings) Well, it's almost awake. You'll be able to see it soon. Time to get up!
As we are looking at a Richard Scarry book:
Thor: Mom, look, that's a circus train. I did it! I said "circus train"!! I did it!! I did it!!
Me: Good job. (I wasn't aware he had difficulty saying "circus train".)
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment