Until Piggy became obsessed with elephants, I never realized how ubiquitous they are. I bought a board book about the creation to keep him entertained during church, and lo and behold, the four animals featured in the book are fish, birds, giraffes, and….. you guessed it! Eeeeehh-pnts! We ordered the Planet Earth series and when we watched the Great Plains episode – herds of elephants were crossing the savannah. The Fresh Water episode – elephants drinking and swimming. Jungles? Plenty of elephants there, too.
We got Winnie some new sleepers recently and for reasons that are unclear, one pink, ruffly sleeper has a small elephant applique on it. The “E” book from a set of letter-themed books heavily features elephants. We even spotted elephants on some newborn clothes I was packing away the other day. The weirdest thing, though, was when we were watching TV and a segment came on featuring a particularly portly gentleman. Thor was emphatic that this was an “eeehhh-pnt! eeehh-pnt!” Heaven help us.
1 comment:
Well at least no one else can figure out what that word is supposed to be, so for the time being your pretty safe. Don't worry though, I'm sure he'll bust out a flawless pronunciation in a public area one of these days.
Post a Comment