I always knew we had things pretty good with Thor in the sleep department, but my goodness, I didn't truly appreciate how good until Bronwyn the Wakeful came along. One glance at her and you know she's got enough reserves to make it through the night without sustenance, but try telling HER that. We have moved her out of our room and into a shared room with Little Pork Chop. Last night was the first night of this arrangement and I went in (and fed her) four times before finally relenting at 3:00 a.m. and bringing her back to bed with us. There was also one episode in there of Thor being woken by her crying and insisting on being rocked back to sleep.
Nighttimes are really turning into a three-ring circus around here. I have a plan to remedy the situation. It's two-pronged, with the first element of the plan being a night weaning program wherein I try to get her to consume more calories during the day and gradually reduce night feedings. The second portion will involve a bit of crying. Ugh. Hopefully I will be able to report some success in the next few weeks. Even an improvement (say, one or two wakings a night) would be welcome at this point.
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yuck! That is rought sorry. They'll get used to sleeping in the same room. Caden can now sleep through macey is she wakes up crying. When I had to let her cry it out at first I had Caden sleep in our room and moved him back in after a couple nights and it was good from there. Good Luck!
Just to clarify will the second prong involve crying on your part, on Winnie's part, or both? Honestly Sarah I don't know how you've survived it this long.
Oh Sarah, that is seriously tough going! To answer your question though, the nightmare will end. It could be rough, but it will end. Good luck and I'll see you soon!
Post a Comment