Loading...

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Good genes

Our tiny baby is so big now – 21 pounds!!  At six months, she continues to measure in the 99th percentile for both height and weight. She is also a smart cookie. As SOON as I laid her on the exam table at the pediatrician’s office, she lost it.  She started crying uncontrollably, even though I was right there making goofy faces and holding her hand. This is quite out of character for her and Jared really believes she remembers getting shots there before. She was destined for more yesterday but she sobbed her way through the whole exam before we got to that part. She cried much more BEFORE the shots than after. She’s going to be an emotional little thing.
 
Thor is also pretty good-sized. Jared mentioned to our pediatrician that we were thinking of moving him to a booster seat since he is outgrowing car seat. The doctor said they normally recommend that for children 30-40 pounds and 3-4 years old. Then he looked at Thor and said, “He’s two? Or three?”  Well, he barely turned two and he weighs 35 pounds. The doctor suggested we try to keep squeezing him into his car seat through the summer if possible since they are statistically safer than boosters.
 
I’m so excited for warm weather to come so we can start taking our two little piggies out and about. The summer of 2010 is going to be a good one!
 

1 comment:

The Black's said...

There are car seats that go up to 65 lbs. Britax makes a ton of them. They are a little pricey but I got a great deal at Target last summer and got one for 140 normally 280. It was a killer deal and it will hold Coen up to 65 lbs(At the rate Coen gains weight he will be able to be in that thing until he is 10!). I know Graco makes booster type car seats with five point harnesses too. There are some out there that believe that you should keep your child in a five point harness until they are five. I personally think that is a little over board. But because of this thinking manufacturers are making car seats to accommadate that. Good Luck!