When Thor was a baby, I sprang for an Ergo carrier. He hated it and we used it all of two or three times, including one memorable incident at Yellowstone where he was throwing such a tantrum about getting into it that I almost dropped him on his head in the parking lot. I tried everything, but that kid just wanted to face out. The Ergo seemed like a huge waste of money at the time.
Winnie is too big for our Baby Bjorn now -- she's close to maxing out the weight limit and frankly my shoulders and upper back take a beating if I have her in it for more than 10 or 15 minutes. So I reluctantly tried the Ergo with her. She loves it! I carried her all over Costco in it earlier this week and after work last night I popped her into it and did a bunch of chores. It was great, and she feels miraculously light as a feather in it. It's especially wonderful because she is a clingier baby than Thor was and she wants to be held a lot when I get home. I was getting frustrated with trying to do everything one-handed while balancing her on the other hip.
We're all about productivity around here, so I am hugely relieved.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I have heard the ergo is better than the bjorn and that is the one I am registering for. I hope that little James likes it as much as winnie does ;)
I wonder if I should spring for the baby insert for our ergo? Coen loved the ergo. But I had a friend who borrowed mine for a day and their kid didn't like it like Thor so who knows if our little one will like it. It is amazing how they all have their own preferences even when they are that small.
Hey, Lori-- I have never used the Ergo with newborns (although you can with the baby insert) and Jared vastly preferred the Bjorn to everything else when they are tiny b/c it just seems to hold them more securely. But our kids get so big, so fast that we can't carry them in it for long & the Ergo is SO easy on your back with a bigger kid. Very comfy.
Michelle - if you don't want to buy the infant insert, just borrow our Baby Bjorn. Seriously, I am no longer using it now and even Jared won't be using it by the time your kiddo gets here.
Post a Comment