Loading...

Monday, February 8, 2010

i've been asking myself

Would I post more pictures if I splurged and got myself a digital SLR? Or would that be a complete waste of money for someone who doesn't really have a history of taking pictures? For those of you living under rocks, digital photography for fun AND profit is sweeping the Mormon SAHM world, and I am feeling slightly inferior for having a regular ol' point-and-shoot, especially since it's basically useless in the winter months. The only time I can take pictures is after work, when it's dark, and indoor pictures with built-in flash = HORRIBLE.

I see all these moms documenting their children's infancy and childhood in delightful photographs, and I'm afraid my kids will have a few Christmas-morning red-eye candids to remember things by. Aaaah!! The pressure!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

What is SAHM?

I have a point and shoot cannon and a Digitial SLR Cannon Rebel.

I love them both but find that I use the point and shoot more because I can slide it in my pocket. For the moments that I plan to document, like birthdays, celebrations and holidays I grab my SLR. It requires a little more thought and it is bulkier. I have found that where the pictures improve is the better high end lenses. An older camera works wonders with a nice lens.

I go a little nuts too with the insane amount of mormon wives that have decided to buy a semi nice digital SLR and call themselves professional photographers without any training and education - and a lot of digital editing. (the prices seem incredible too) So there is my rant for the evening.

We enjoy your blog.

Kenny and Jennifer W.