Have I mentioned that it seems like time is crawling by? Just three more weeks of work before my maternity leave starts and four weeks until my due date, but it feels like it might as well be four years. When I was at the hospital for Jared's surgery last week, I kept thinking how great it would be if I were there to actually HAVE A BABY.
I suppose it's no coincidence that pregnancy wears you down to the point that you don't really care about the impending pain of labor, delivery, and the subsequent recovery and sleepless nights. It seems worth practically any price to have the luxury of just one person occupying your body again. I have been looking longingly at my pre-pregnancy clothes lately and thinking about how nice it would be to put on a decent-looking pair of jeans, or even a reasonably normal-sized T-shirt. I've been reminding myself that soon I will be able to get things out of the washer or drier without having a small pair of feet up in my lungs, that I will be able to pull weeds in the garden without getting breathless (hopefully) and that someday -- maybe months and months from now, but someday -- I will sleep through the night again.
You people who love being pregnant, I'm sorry, but I just don't get it. I know I will love having another baby, but I have to remind myself of that quite frequently.
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for reminding me that pregnancy isn't all its cracked up to be and that adoption wasn't all that bad. ;)
Jen Witt
I am with you Sarah - I love the fact that I am having another baby - just don't like being pregnant.
Post a Comment