We found out on Friday that the tiny Piggy has a sinus infection. I didn't even realize babies could get sinus infections, but after days of sneezing and uncontrollable drooling and behavior so whiny that I thought we would all go crazy, we dragged him back to the doctor a second time. Just a few doses of Amoxicillin in, and he was starting to return to his old self. He even made it through all three hours of church with a minimum of fuss and took a nice long nap when we got home.
Things the bubs has learned to do lately:
*play hide-and-go-seek with his toy duck (he hides it in a drawer and when I ask where it is, he shows it to me, then re-hides it)
*flush the toilet (so far he only seems to know it makes an interesting sound; I live in fear of his discovery that things get flushed away)
*store things in the lower kitchen cupboards (we have been finding finger puppets and such intermingled with the canned goods)
*throw smallish rocks (an endlessly fascinating activity; he throws, fetches, throws, fetches, etc.)
*eat with a spoon (sort of -- with some minimal oversight he can get about 50% of his food into his mouth; then I have to intervene before he resorts to sticking his hands in the applesauce)
*say, "Yeah" and "Hi, Dad" (still no sign that he has any name at all for me, something which Jared can attest bothers me a LOT)
*karaoke (in addition to playing our Xbox karaoke game, he also tries to sing along to the hymns in church; he's quite the little crooner for someone who can't yet talk)
No comments:
Post a Comment