Loading...

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Disconcerted

I have definitively decided that I'm just not one of those people that loves being pregnant. I don't hate it -- at least, not every minute of it -- but in general I'm glad for it to be over. I don't enjoy not knowing what will fit me from day to day, I detest morning sickness, I'm not a big fan of heartburn and insomnia, and so forth. Of course it's all worth it in the end, but so are lots of relatively unpleasant things, and I don't feel I need to be apologetic about looking forward to having just one person inhabiting my body.

That being said, right now I am in what I consider the "best" part of pregnancy (it's all relative). I'm far enough along to look pregnant, but I'm not ridiculously huge and I'm not really physically limited in any way yet. The baby is big enough that I can constantly feel her kicking and moving around, but not so big that she can jam her feet under my ribs yet or keep me from taking nice, deep breaths when I feel like it. I will say that I am feeling a little bit nervous that this baby might be really long or really big (heaven help me).

At this stage with Thor, I was just starting to feel him move regularly and I'm not sure Jared had been able to feel it yet. With this kiddo, I've been feeling her for months, and so has Jared. Part of it is the location of the placenta; I had an anterior placenta with the Piggy that muffled my perception of his movements. Still, it's weird to me that Jared can already feel hard little bits of baby (Hands? Feet? Elbows?) fairly distinctly. I'm trying to enjoy this part of the pregnancy before we get to the really uncomfortable stage where I feel like I can't take anymore. That will come soon enough. And after that, I remind myself, will come the actual baby, and that's the best part of all.

No comments: