Loading...

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Repurposing

A few weeks ago I was getting ready for work or church or something and the Piggy was quietly entertaining himself, meaning emptying out all the contents of our bathroom cabinets and spreading them around on the floor. One item he particularly gravitated toward was a makeup brush I haven't used in awhile. I guess he liked the texture of it, because he carried it around the house for days and I would find him sitting and rubbing his cheek or ear or hair with it; a few times I even found it in his crib after naptime.

I hadn't seen the brush in a few days until last night. Jared was outside drilling some holes into our old concrete steps in order to install a new wood porch. After drilling one hole, he reached into his pocket and pulled out my old makeup brush, which he used to brush away the accumulated concrete dust around the hole. I guess it's a good thing I hung onto that old thing; the boys sure are getting a lot of use out of it.

No comments: