Loading...

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Snowed under

We're no longer snowed under with actual snow, but I'm still buried in work. I might get to come up for air a bit at the end of April -- that seems like a long way off. In the meantime, I am still more or less clinging to my sanity.

I was at the mall last weekend for the first time in ages on an unrelated errand and decided to pop into a kids' store and look for some clothes for the bubs since some of his pants are starting to look uncomfortably snug and he will need short-sleeved shirts before too long. Of course, he hadn't napped, I didn't have his stroller (I always seem to have the car without the baby gear at crucial moments) and he immediately went haywire, snatching things off the VERY low shelves (a bizarre design concept in a store with lots of grubby little hands reaching for things), dodging under clothes racks, trying to pull the dress off a little girl mannequin, whining, crying, and eventually managing to gag himself and throw up a little bit -- all in the course of about ten minutes while I looked at items on sale.

I eventually threw some random items together, checked out, and rushed him home for a VERY long nap. I realize from time to time after experiences like these that I have very romantic notions of the things the bubs and I would do together if I were home all day. I suspect the idyllic moments of reading, playing, educational outings, and companionable working together are not entirely realistic, but it's nice to dream.

No comments: