Loading...

Friday, March 20, 2009

Outdoors -- a new concept

Yesterday after a big deadline I came home from work early and we ran Thor around in the backyard. I imagine it's sort of like having a puppy -- I have no desire to be in constant motion, but he has a ton of energy to burn off, so we let him run (well, cautiously walk, really) and crawl and dig in the dirt and go down the slide ad nauseum. I tried to take a few pictures, but the bubs is in a very uncooperative stage where he wants to grab the camera every time I get it out, and starts crying if it's in sight and out of reach. It doesn't make for very attractive pictures. I either need to get him his own toy camera or start sneaking up on him.

Last night Jared went to a course on local gardening and got a bunch of new ideas for our garden this summer. We got some tips that are supposedly guaranteed to produce a bumper crop of strawberries. Can't wait to try it!! Cousin Glen is helping us with some tilling and lawn aerating this weekend and at that point we can bust out the Wall-O-Waters and get going on a few things. That's probably the thing I am most looking forward to this summer -- letting the Piggy come out and tear around in the backyard in the evenings while we weed and do lawn maintenance.

No comments: