I'm struggling with an addiction. Jared is worried about me. A few weeks ago he bought Guitar Hero for a few bucks on eBay, thinking I would find it mildly entertaining. Little did he know it would turn out to be a Pandora's box.
These past few weeks, all semblance of discipline about bedtime has gone totally out the window. A couple of times I've gotten home from work at 10:00 and still managed to squeeze in a couple of hours of Guitar Hero before going to bed. I've slept restlessly because I was dreaming about some odd combination of Guitar Hero and financial statement disclosures (if I can just get this part right, the footnote will be done!).
Last weekend we bought Guitar Hero World Tour, the band version of the game. Big mistake. Now when I get tired of the guitar (rarely) I can switch to drums or bass. On Sunday night I kept asking Devon and Annette to stay for "just one more song". After they left I worked on a particular song for two hours. Jared finally went to bed without me, which as far as I can recall has never happened before except when he was deathly ill.
After I struggled blearily through work yesterday and noticed that I may have overextended my pinkie finger I told Jared that I'm taking a sabbatical from all things Guitar Hero. Hopefully two weeks will be enough to break the cycle of addiction (if I can make it that long).
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Guitar Hero addict huh? I have two of those in the house. So what did I do? I bought Rock Band!
Post a Comment