Loading...

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

More weird stuff

Yesterday at work I walked by the restroom and noticed a hand-lettered sign had been placed on the door reading, "Restroom Closed. Keep out!"

What's so wrong with something along the lines of, "Restroom temporarily unavailable. Please excuse the inconvenience."? Why the need to be abrupt and alarming?

2 comments:

Karen Liu said...

Michelle and I were outside the other day and one of the neighbors wanted us to keep quiet on some secret and (I kid you not) she said, "Everyone had better just keep their mouths SHUT!" with animal ferocity. I was completely taken aback by her tone and rudeness. A simple, "please don't say anything" would have sufficed. I firmly believe we are in a world where good manners have disappeared and are a figment of my imagination.

Coulio said...

I gaurantee someone did something embarrassing in there and thought fear was the best route for keeping it under wraps.