Loading...

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Crunching numbers

Jared and I were discussing the opening today of Frontrunner and how we need to go try it out while rides are free for the next few days.

Me: Wow. A monthly pass is going to cost $145.

Jared: Whoa.

Me: I know. That seems like a lot. At least you know it won't be a bunch of homeless people riding it.

Jared: True.

Me: You'd have to be gassing up three times a month at $50 a tank just to break even. Let's see. Single fares are $2.50 to go from one station to the next, then $.50 for each additional station after that.

Jared: Are they going to have an onboard masseuse and wet-bar?

Me: Good idea. Maybe you could buy a pass and ride all day charging for massages.

Jared: laughs

Me: You could charge $5.00 to massage someone from one station to the next, then $3.00 for each station after that.

Jared: What?! You'd be getting ripped off. I'd charge by the minute.

Me: Really?

Jared: Yep. A few bucks a minute.

Me: Well, it's something to think about.

No comments: