Loading...

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Not as oblivious as I thought

In honor of Pork Chop's recent birthday, I decided to get him a pair of shoes. He has a pair of red sneaker type things he's been wearing for years and years, and they are getting a bit tattery, to be honest. I've never looked at them all that closely, but even at a glance you could see they had seen better days. However, I know that Pork Chop is picky about shoes and that his last pair of favorites used to draw all kinds of compliments (or so I am told), so I spent a fair amount of time on zappos.com looking at various styles and trying to find something that I thought would appeal to his aesthetic.

I finally settled on these shoes. I like them quite a bit, but wasn't sure whether they would be to Pork Chop's liking. As an aside, let me say that the Zappos people have some pretty amazing customer service. When their order volumes allow for it, regardless of what their normal, free shipping policy is, they will overnight you the product. I ordered these shoes about 2:00 p.m. one day and they arrived the next day.

Pork Chop called me to say they had arrived and that they looked good and I asked him if they fit. He said he hadn't tried them on, but he was sure they would because he already had some Simple shoes. I had no idea. "Oh, yeah," he said, "those red shoes I have are Simple shoes." I have to say, those shoes are so worn-in, if you will, I had no idea what they were and I actually didn't believe him. I had to come home and ascertain for myself that they were Simples by looking at the soles.

Now I am sort of impressed with myself that I have an eye for these things. Of all the products I could have chosen from, I managed to stumble upon Pork Chop's preferred brand. These new shoes might be making his feet a little sweaty, though, so the jury is not in yet on whether they will be his new favorites. Here's hoping they work out.

No comments: