A few nights ago Jared and I were eating dinner when he suddenly said, "Ugh. I can't stand that sound." I hadn't heard any unusual sound, and couldn't imagine what he was talking about. "What sound?" "That sound... the sound this pasta makes." It turns out that the sound of penne pasta in sauce -- that kind of squelchy noise it makes when you stir it -- drives Jared nuts.
He mentioned it again today when he heated up the leftovers. I volunteered to come stir the pasta for him, or perhaps bring him a pair of ear plugs if he preferred. He declined on both counts, so I guess it's not unbearable.
Jared also can't stand the sound of beer being poured into a glass; it's a sound which is always featured on beer commercials. I never knew he had such sensitive hearing; he seems to be able to watch TV while the baby cries with absolutely no problem.
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am right there with you Jared! For me... I can't stand the way it sounds when certain people chew their food. It is not that they are chewing with their mouths open... but is just the way they sound when they eat. It's like nails on a chalk board!
Post a Comment