Loading...

Friday, March 21, 2008

Another dream crushed

When I lived in California, I faithfully submitted a request for American Idol tickets every season. I never, ever heard back. Well, last season I again put in a request, figuring I would find a way to get out to California if I ever got the tickets. As usual, nothing. I guess they keep working off the same list, though, or maybe I requested tickets this year and forgot about it, but I finally got my official notification for tickets for next week's episode.

The way it works is that you show up with your photo I.D. (must match the name you put on the wait list) and they issue you a voucher, then you go with that voucher the day of the filming to get your actual ticket. This year there is no seating -- it's all standing room (except for the families and VIPs, I think). Anyway, long story short -- there is no way that I can get out to California next week and by the time I actually checked the email, all the vouchers had been issued for the live shows Tues/Wed and the only thing available was vouchers for the dress rehearsal, which would still be cool. Oh, well. Story of my life, it seems.

1 comment:

Karen Liu said...

AHHHH! As a fellow AI fan, I am feeling your pain! Isn't is it true, though, about Murphy's Law, especially once you have a baby. Well, here's to hoping you score on next year's AI ticket lottery.