Loading...

Monday, March 24, 2008

Different strokes

Me: What's up with this sock?
Jared: What sock?
Me: The one draped over the baby's crib.
Jared: Oh, that's just the wet sock I used to rub that dried spit-up off my suit coat.
Me: Of course -- a sock! Why not?
Jared: It was with the rags.

This is sort of true, but only because I bought Jared some socks that he didn't like, and he stuffed them all in the same closet where we also happen to store spare linens, towels, cleaning rags, etc. so they wouldn't get mixed up with his regular socks.

Me: Hm.

Later in the day, while we are doing some cooking:

Me: Crap.
Jared: What?
Me: I think I just dribbled vanilla on this shirt.
Jared: I'm sure it will come out.
Me: Yeah, let me just go moisten a sock to wipe it off.
Jared (indignantly) : Hey!!

Edited to add: I've realized the humble sock is sort of an all-purpose item for Jared. Remember this?

3 comments:

Rookie Dad said...

I dig the dialogue format of this post, so I'm probably going to steal it . . . . I'm already planning on getting in trouble, though, since I know J won't be happy with the words I put in her mouth . . .

Rookie Dad said...

By the way, a sock is just a rag in a handy tubular shape.

Karen Liu said...

LOL. (At the indignation of Jared.) I had no idea the humble sock could serve such multipurpose functions. In our house they just make rooms smell...like gym socks.