
Last night as I was chopping vegetables for a salad, I lost my focus for a second while trying to make out what was happening on Dancing with the Stars in the next room, and this was the sad result. It doesn't look like much, but this is a fairly deep cut with a serrated knife and I sort of freaked out.
Jared came rushing in and told me to calm down, that I was fine. It's not like I cut my finger off or anything. I refused to look at the depth of the cut because I was convinced from the pain it was pretty bad. Usually with these sorts of things, the pain doesn't set in until the shock has worn off, but this time it was instantaneous. So, anyway, he looked at it and said there was no way I needed stitches for something that small.
With his usual resourcefulness, he went into the other room and found an athletic sock which he cut up to bandage the wound until it stopped bleeding. After the initial shock was over, I regained my sense of humor enough to make sure the sock was at least a clean one, which Jared assured me it was. He also took over and finished the salad preparation.
This morning the cut appears to have closed up just fine and so long as I don't get a raging infection, I suspect all will be fine in the end. I took a couple of Advil before bed, just in case. I didn't want to have my sleep disrupted by a stupid thing like index finger pain. I guess I am a bit of an over-reactor, after all. Who would have thought?
No comments:
Post a Comment