Loading...

Monday, March 17, 2008

Photo editing

If you want to do more than resize and remove redeye from your digital pictures but, like me, are too cheap to invest in Photoshop, you might want to check out GIMP. I got wind of it recently, downloaded it a few days ago, and in my tinkering with it have found it will do pretty much anything I can imagine wanting to in terms of photo editing, and a lot more.

The only real drawback I can see is that because it's freeware, the user manual isn't great, but I have been able to figure out most features I've tried so far through a combination of the instruction manual and trial-and-error tinkering.

Who knows -- with the help of GIMP I might start posting some decent pictures here for a change!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

hey guys! It's Skippy and Katie.. We're going to link you to our blog! Hope all id going well out there! Congrats on your little one- LOVE the name!

Katie said...

PS- we want to access your baby blog!