We watched President Hinckley's funeral this morning and I was really touched by each of the talks. We had hoped to attend in person, but children under eight were not allowed and the baby was up until almost 5:00 a.m., so Jared scratched his plans to get up at 6:00 and go down to get a ticket for himself. We were both just beat. We later regretted this a little as it turned out that tickets were still available until late in the morning.
In any case, it was interesting to get a glimpse into President Hinckley's character from some of the people who were closest to him. I definitely learned some things about him that I didn't fully appreciate before.
After hearing the various talks today, I was inspired to do a little better, pray a little harder, work a little more diligently, and show a little more faith. I hope to always remember President Hinckley's example. I liked how someone (Elder Eyring, I think?) said that our best may not be even close to President Hinckley's best, but the Lord just expects us to do our best. Words to live by.
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment