Loading...

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Surprise!!

Recently Jared surprised me with one of these. Out of the blue, apropos of no special occasion or anything, he showed up with this one day after work. I was pretty impressed that he managed it at all, because I am very difficult to surprise. In fact, I really can't remember the last time anyone got anything major by me.

I got the new toy right before my last trip out to the East coast, so I was able to get a few movies on it and not be held hostage by the airline's movie choices (why, oh why, did they have to show Evan Almighty on both the westbound and eastbound routes?). The wi-fi feature is awesome. I can be lying in bed and suddenly think of something I'd like to google -- don't act like it doesn't happen to you -- and I just reach over to the nightstand, pick this baby up, and boom! within seconds I have my answer. It's obviously much less unwieldly than my laptop and it's much faster than my PDA.

All in all, it's a fun little gadget. My only concern is that I normally read myself to sleep, and the past couple of weeks I've been watching movies until I fall asleep. I guess I need to get it loaded up with some audiobooks before I have serious cerebral atrophy.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

What a thoughtful thing for Brother to get you. Actually it is a killer gift I too heart and long for one. I will be playing with yours the next time I am in town. Happying viewing, listening, downloading and picture taking.