Loading...

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Unintended consequences

I'm been suffering from some kind of viral respiratory gunk, possibly compounded by bronchitis, and after a night or two of coughing that kept both me and Jared awake for hours on end, Jared put his foot down and insisted that I seek medical advice. Among other things, I was prescribed a cough suppressant with codeine, and for the first time in a while, I've actually been sleeping rather soundly the past couple of nights.

I woke up this morning and noticed that Jared had a big wad of tissue jammed up one of his nostrils. I asked him what that was all about and lo and behold, evidently I elbowed him or something in the middle of the night, so hard that it gave him a nosebleed. Then evidently I rolled over and slept on under the influence of the codeine, while he got up and tried to staunch the bleeding. Fun stuff. He says he thinks black eyes are next.

No comments: