Loading...

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The big trip

I think the trip to the East Coast is really going to happen! I am always skeptical about these things, but it all seems to be falling into place. I'm pretty excited. We'll spend several days in New York and then five days in Washington, D.C. Pork Chop wanted to go to the movies tonight but I told him I thought it would be fun to stay in and put together an itinerary for our trip. He sounded indescribably bored by it all, but I really need the planning in order to enjoy the anticipatory stage of the trip. That's half the fun for me.

My illustrious employer will probably handle our NYC accommodations. We have looked at different lodging options in D.C. but I am currently leaning toward a bed-and-breakfast. I have never stayed at one, and the breakfast part sounds really good and means one less meal we have to purchase. Besides, if you go with a shared bathroom situation they are as cheap as a Motel 6 type arrangement, so I don't really see how we can lose; it's not like I plan to spend a lot of time in the bathroom.

We're still undecided on whether or not we will tour our nation's capitol on scooters. I think we should do it just for the pictures. Pork Chop thinks it's too pricey. We'll see. Lots of decisions.

No comments: