Loading...

Monday, March 19, 2007

Marathon weekend

I have tons of stuff to tell about the weekend, so here goes:

First, we went to MGFK on Saturday morning to make our meals. We got there at 9:00, and the place was still pretty empty. I had envisioned Jared and I companionably working along assembling meals, but at our first station I got a little bit bossy about which size of Ziploc bags to use, and he suggested it might be better if we worked separately. So we did, and all in all that was probably a good decision because the work stations are really more efficient for just one person. We got all our meals done in a little over an hour. Jared kept apologizing to the guy running the show for making such a big mess, and they kept telling him not to worry about it. They come along behind you and clean up and restock each station as you're done with it.

The whole process was incredibly easy; they not only have all the ingredients prepped and ready to go, but they also set out the correct size measuring utensil. There's a list of instructions at each station, and once you get the hang of it, you can assemble a meal in five minutes. Pretty fun, and the food looks good. I did realize that they use a lot of the same ingredients over and over in different meals, which made me think that with more planning I could do the same at home, but there would be the prep time and clean-up to consider, too. We tried one of the meals last night, and it was pretty tasty. Not only that, but the portions are definitely generous.

I'll update as we try more meals, but so far it gets a thumbs up.

No comments: