Oddly, this kind of made me sad:
"She's got a presidential kind of media frenzy going on," said the 59- year-old nurse from Columbus, Ohio, who happened by the scene while waiting for nearby shops to open. "I'm just incredulous at all the fuss. She was not a world figure. She was not a queen. She was not a president. She was not anything... It's just way over the top."
I do think it's strange that there's so much fuss about Anna Nicole Smith; nonetheless, I think it's weird to begrudge someone attention on the basis that they are not "a queen" or "a world figure" because in my opinion those particular titles don't mean a whole lot about your contribution to humanity. It strikes me as a superficial observation in itself, which is ironic.
I could have respected someone saying, "Look, I'm bothered by all the fuss, because Anna Nicole stood for ____ and ____ and I think those are characteristics that have an adverse impact on society." But to essentially say, "She wasn't anything. She wasn't a queen. I don't want my vacation disrupted for anything less than world figure." Good grief. That really says a lot about you and what you deem worthwhile.
Friday, March 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment