Ethan and John are hoping to hit the nickle slot jackpot this weekend and if all goes well and they're still on their feet, take in some George Strait. Ethan is staying over tonight so they can hit the road bright and early at 5:00 a.m to embark on their big adventure. I'm a little jealous. Nothing says "fun" like a seven hour drive and a late night and another seven hour drive.I am trying desperately to think of some fun activity that I can do locally tomorrow. It seems like all the fun winter things around here involve snow or ice. I don't know how to ski and, more importantly, I can't afford to ski right now. I wouldn't mind ice skating, but Pork Chop has some weird thing going on with his feet where they're too wide for normal ice skates or something.
I've been drooling over some snowshoes at Cabela's, but they don't come cheap and honestly, I'm not sure where exactly you find a good snowshoeing location. Are there trails for that? Do you just pull off the road somewhere and go for it? I'm pretty much at sea as far as the logistical details go.
If we were back in the LBC, we'd run over to Disneyland for a few hours. We could always head up to the Getty or check out the Richard Nixon Birthplace. The fun never ends back in the old stomping grounds. If things got really boring, there was always pizza and eavesdropping at Deli News.
I have to find some new haunts around here. The family room couch just isn't cutting it any more.
No comments:
Post a Comment