Loading...

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Just like Bob

I am feeling pretty good about the way things are going so far in '07 (a few notable fiascos aside). I have been a habitual procrastinator at work for a long time and it caused me tons of stress. These days, I am doing much better at digging in and getting the unpleasant tasks accomplished. Part of it is that I have been under crazy deadlines and working hard to make a good impression in a new place, but part of it is that I just got sick of having stuff looming over me, disrupting my sleep and spoiling my evenings and weekends.

When I got in today, the first thing I did was make a call I really didn't want to make. It turned out to be a not-so-big deal and it was great to have that one nagging item resolved so I could focus on tasks that weren't quite so dreadful. I still need to do better at applying this to my personal life, but at least I'm taking baby steps, right?

No comments: