I just got off the phone with Pork Chop and we discussed our family emergency response plan. In the event that a catastrophic event occurs while we are physically separated (e.g., a major earthquake during working hours that shuts down roads and freeways) I am to stay put. Assuming he is at home, he will hike out to my location with essential supplies.
I asked him if he was worried about being attacked by marauders. He said, "No, I have my gun. Besides, desperation probably won't set in for a few days." True, true. I feel much better; as long as I can stay put for 24 hours or so, chances are that Pork Chop will come to my rescue, armed and dangerous.
What worries me is what would happen if he were on the road who-knows-where when something like this occurred. We would both be stranded with no supplies whatsoever. It's making me think I should get 72 hour kits for each of our cars, and maybe we should save up and get a couple of water filters. It's probably just a matter of time before something like this happens here.
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What kind of enrichment lessons are you having up there...the end is near, natural disasters 101. You are making me think I should either get a gun or a water filter.
Post a Comment