Loading...

Monday, January 29, 2007

Covering lots of ground

I'm finally home from work so I can blog in earnest.

1. We got some exciting news this weekend - Jared's brother is engaged and getting married in June. As a very selfish aside, I felt relieved when I noticed today that the wedding coincides with our annual volunteerism day at work. Instead of painting a school somewhere, I'll be enjoying a guilt-free week in California. I am a little unnerved by my own superficiality.

2. This weekend Michelle, Jared and I watched a show on TLC that featured several morbidly obese individuals and their weight loss efforts. It was truly disturbing, to the point that I had nightmares about sausages and fried bread. The effect on me was short-lived, though; I stopped for an Arctic Circle Nutter Butter shake on the way home from work. It was truly delicious, and if this is a baby step toward obesity, at least I still have a long way to go.

3. I am reaching all-new heights of laziness in my morning routine. These days, I always shower at night so my hair can dry while I sleep. That saves me a few minutes of blow-drying in the morning. I no longer put on makeup before leaving the house. I keep some makeup in my desk at work and since I get there before most of my coworkers, I do a quick mascara and lip gloss application when I get to work. That extra few minutes helps me get out the door early enough to beat traffic. I'm not sure where this is leading, but I think I might be on the road to a shampoo and conditioner in one.

No comments: