Loading...

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Spring time

The preschool year is rapidly coming to a close. I’ve received the kids’ end-of-year pictures, which are ridiculously cute (Thor was extremely proud that he did a “teeth smile” per my request). Mini graduation ceremonies are coming up. Next year the bub is going to be in kindergarten. This fact blows my mind, a sentiment which I recognize as utterly cliché. We’re having so much fun with our “big kids”. I think I had a tiny glimpse of the future when we went on an errand recently and all three kids walked into the store UNASSISTED. Two-thirds of the kids are 100% potty-trained. This has been the case for a while, but I still find myself feeling excited about it. It feels like we are on the cusp of a new era, although I am simultaneously nostalgic about the stage we are leaving behind.

 

Rocky-baby is learning to talk. He can ask a few simple questions: “What you doing?” “Go outside?” and so forth. It’s hard to imagine a kid getting much cuter than he is, but I’ve been fortunate enough to feel that way about each and every one of them. They’re healthy, happy, and hopefully have not been too irrevocably damaged by my parenting yet.

 

We’re all excited for warm weather to be upon us. Although the garden is a weed-infested monstrosity at this stage and the exterior of the house in general leaves a lot to be desired, the kids are really enjoying the back yard. We have a hammock and hammock stand out there, various kid toys, swings, etc, and they can hardly be dragged in for meals when the weather is decent. Hopefully we can start going to the track soon – that’s been a fun family outing in the past and I’m hoping to maybe do a little build-up to a 5K over the next few weeks. Fitness and all that. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Annette said...

I was hoping to see said pictures :)