Loading...

Monday, March 26, 2012

Conversations with the piggies

Winnie and Thor were asking me repeatedly why the mountains around the copper mine were orange. Jared and I tried to explain it in simple scientific terms, but the "Why?"s continued.

Me (exasperated):  Because Heavenly Father made them that way.
Winnie: Ooooohh.... and he created water.
Me: Yes.
Winnie: And he created sippy cups.
Me: Mm-hm.
Thor: And glasses.
Jared: That Heavenly Father is a creative guy.

I am lying in bed on Saturday morning trying to sleep in and Winnie is standing on the bed looking out the (very grimy) window.

Winnie: That's disgusting.
Me: Disgusting?
Winnie: Yes. It's disgusting.
Me: What is?
Winnie: This window.
Me: Oh. Well, stop looking at it, then.

I am in the shower with both kids and Winnie is pushing Thor.

Thor: Winnie, stop it! Don't hit me! Miss Jessie says we use our words! We don't hit!

Jared commented later that asking Winnie to 'use her words' is asking for trouble.

No comments: