Loading...

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My mind is boggled

I always thought babies grew fast, but it seems like NOTHING compared to how fast a puppy grows. Shortcut is barely recognizable from the tiny puppy we brought home a short three weeks ago. She has easily doubled in size. I am just shocked every time I pick her up. I honestly don’t know how she does it. How does she have the energy to run around chewing things up and also grow at this incredible pace? She does eat a lot, considering her size, but still. I am amazed.

 

She continues to be good-natured and fairly well-behaved. There’s some of the usual puppy boisterousness, of course, and she occasionally knocks Winnie-baby down. A few things have been chewed up, but nothing priceless. As Jared says, Shortcut will never be the smartest dog, but she will be smart enough. Mainly we just wanted an even-tempered, affectionate dog to keep Dan company, play with the kids, and snuggle with us while we watch TV, and she definitely seems to fit the bill. Neither Jared nor I have ever raised a puppy, so it’s been a lot of fun.

 

Updated pictures when I get a minute.

No comments: