The best part of the day for me was just hanging out with the piggies. Thor and Winnie EACH made me a Fruit Loop and paper flower necklace in nursery; how many people are fortunate enough to get two? I got three Mother’s Day cards – one from Jared, one from the kiddos, and one from the dogs. The kids fought over the dog card; they both loved the dog depicted on the front. During Winnie’s nap time, Thor came and lay down on the porch swing with me and chatted about the dogs (“my new dog, Shortcut” and “my best friend, Dan”). Afterward, he “helped” me make a card for my mom. We all went to John and Michelle’s for Mother’s Day dinner, where the kids overdosed on treats and took some swings at a pinata. Afterward at home, we said prayers, but apparently I said them all wrong. Thor told me I forgot “the uncles” so I offered to let him say his own prayer, which he did with even more than his usual enthusiasm, giving thanks for uncles, cousins, and, to our amusement, birthdays. Jared did all the dishes and made a tasty dessert (which we will have tonight).
It was a good day. I hope all you mothers out there had an equally enjoyable one.
1 comment:
I'm a little bitter he left out his aunts ;)
Post a Comment