The other night Thor starting saying something about the toys at day care. I was a little bit baffled, since he doesn’t attend day care, and I don’t recall ever mentioning the concept of day care to him. I tried to clarify, but he just kept insisting that there were toys at day care – I’m sure there are, in fact. I couldn’t really get a whole lot more out of him on the topic.
Finally, it dawned on me (somehow) that he was talking about the plot of Toy Story 3. I asked him if he was talking about Buzz and Woody going to day care, and sure enough, that was it.
Then yesterday he brought up college (I was only half-listening, and didn’t get the whole thing). I asked him if Dad goes to college. He said, “No, Dad goes to school.” Once again, I wondered where he was getting this college thing. He made a few more disjointed comments about college and then something about toys. Once again, I realized we were in Toy Story 3 territory. So I said, “Wait. The toys didn’t go to college. Andy went to college and the toys stayed with a little girl so she could play with them.” He seemed satisfied and we were able to change the topic.
Oddly, I don’t think he’s even watched Toy Story 3 lately. It’s funny to watch him pick up on these terms which he really only vaguely grasps, and then talk about them, like he’s still trying to process the plot. So cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment