Loading...

Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter dilemmas

Last weekend I took a couple of hours and went shopping for an Easter dress for Winnie. Like virtually ANY shopping trip where I go with a semi-specific thing in mind, it soon turned into a stressful outing where I could not seem to find the one thing I needed. Every dress was all wrong, somehow. Too expensive, altogether too elaborate (I really don’t love the flower-girl-drowning-in-tulle look), too sexy/revealing (seriously, halter-style dresses in 24-month sizes? People are CRAZY), and so on. It was pretty discouraging. I suspect I might have had more choices and better luck had I started earlier and been willing to drive all over creation, but neither of those things was feasible.

 

As much as I knew it would stress me out due to my busy week this week, I finally decided the surest way to get what I was envisioning would be to make it myself. I saved no money by doing this (partly because I was unprepared and hadn’t clipped the sale coupons for the fabric store) but the dress I will be making tonight and tomorrow will hopefully be more or less what I envisioned. Wish me luck.

 

On the other hand, last week’s shopping trip did yield a pair of sandals and a white cardigan that are versatile and church-appropriate for Winnie, and two new ties for Thor, who has been sporting a too-short clip-on of late. Not a total loss.

No comments: