So, it really happened. We got an estimate, we put a hefty deposit down, and in a few weeks our fence and gates will be finished so the kids and dog can play outside this summer. It will be such a relief! Now if I can just find the time and energy to clear out the remains of last year’s garden and do a few projects in the yard, we’ll be on our way.
In other news, we are part-owners of a few piglets. Jared has a friend who is raising them and our initial investment will yield some meat this fall. A couple of the pigs will be bred. That part will be interesting; apparently it all happens through artificial insemination. We went out to check out the piggies (and some baby goats and chickens) last weekend. Pictures to follow; the kids loved it!
1 comment:
I can't wait to see how "pork chop" liked the piggies! I bet that was cute on many levels.
Post a Comment