Say you oversleep and are running late to an important appointment. Missing it or arriving more than a couple of minutes late is simply not an option. Which of the following aspects of your morning routine (if applicable) would you be willing to skip to make it on time?
Shower
Doing hair
Doing makeup
Breakfast
Brushing teeth
Ordinarily, I will compromise on any of these items except showering/brushing teeth. Once I called my dentist because I had broken a filling and was scheduled to leave on an out-of-town trip later that day. They said they could squeeze me in, but only if I could make it to their office in 15 minutes. I knew that it was a ten minute drive, so I jumped into the shower, knowing I could shower and brush my teeth in about five minutes. I made it -- with wet hair and no makeup – but I feel so scroungy if I start my day without a shower and without tooth brushing that I nearly always squeeze those in. It takes fairly catastrophic circumstances, or being extremely sick, for me to go anywhere without a shower.
I know it’s not healthy, but to me breakfast is totally optional. Most of the time, I know that if I get truly hungry, I can grab something to eat at my destination (work) and if I’m headed elsewhere (church) I can throw something in my bag to munch on later or in the car. I can eat a banana on the 2-minute drive or walk from my house to church, so that’s frequently a go-to breakfast. Anyway, I’m just curious what others feel are the indispensable parts of their routine.
5 comments:
Brushing my teeth and going to the bathroom. I always have to go to the bathroom before I leave even if I dont really have to go. Simply because once I get to where I am going I know I will have to go and might not have time. Showering is optional... I use to shower 2 times a day, but now one has to suffice.
I have to shower and brush my teeth. I can do without breakfast (for the same reasons you mentioned) and makeup. Usually, I can bring my makeup along and do it in the or elsewhere. I have a 5-min. makeup routine down.
Shower...deoderant is a gift that makes everything better. Brushing teeth...stick a mint of piece of gum in. Make-up & breakfast...on the go.
I can't stand not showering! Everything else I can stand to go a day without (the teeth brushing might not be pleasant for those around me, but I can handle it). You brother, on the other hand, is unable to cut ANYTHING out of his morning routine. It drives me crazy when he's running late yet still stands in front of the mirror flossing for 5 minutes.
I can and have cut everything out except the teeth brushing.
Post a Comment